2/05/2010

Marlene Said...

A king, realizing his incompetence, can either delegate or abdicate his duties. A father can do neither. If only sons could see the paradox, they would understand the dilemma.

Grumbling is the death of love.

I dress for the image. Not for myself, not for the public, not for fashion, not for men.

I had no desire to be a film actress, to always play somebody else, to be always beautiful with somebody constantly straightening out your every eyelash. It was always a big bother to me.

I'm worth more dead than alive. Don't cry for me after I'm gone; cry for me now.

In America, sex is an obsession. In other parts of the world, it's a fact.

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.

Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.

The weak are more likely to make the strong weak than the strong are likely to make the weak strong.

Marlene Dietrich - bio
Quotes